Jason is a trial lawyer and his practice consists of advising clients and participating in litigation primarily concerning commercial and construction law. He has represented business and property owners, equipment owners and lessors, condominium associations, general and subcontractors, architects and engineers, insurance companies, environmental consultants, retailers and individuals in a wide-variety of matters.
- Construction Defect and Architectural/Engineering Malpractice Claims:
Represented engineering and environmental consulting companies in hundreds of World Trade Center cleanup litigation claims consolidated in the Southern District Court of New York; represented general contractor in complex construction defect claim involving renovation of SUNY-Stony Brook Campus; represented civil engineer in complex multi-party, multi-million dollar action concerning the construction of the Bronx County Criminal Courthouse Complex; represented mechanical engineer in alleged construction defect and malpractice claims involving construction of luxury condominium complex on Park Avenue in NY; represented architect in multi-million dollar claim alleging architectural and engineering malpractice stemming from renovation of U.S.D.A approved meat-packing plant; and represented water and wastewater engineer involving upgrade of wastewater treatment plant in Long Island, NY.
- Insurance Cases:
Represented insurance carrier in multi-million dollar declaratory judgment matters and environmental cleanup involving claims related to the Portland Harbor, OR and Lake Union, WA; represented insurance carrier in declaratory judgment matter involving environmental cleanup of hundreds of gasoline stations in WA; and represented insurance carrier in in complex declaratory judgment action concerning the construction of the Archstone Apartment Complex in Nassau County, NY.
- Other Litigation:
Represented crane companies in high-profile crane accidents in NY and represented pharmaceutical retailer in nationwide Fair Labor Standards Act claim.
Admitted to Practice
- J.D., Washington & Lee University of Law, Lexington, KY
- Judicial Clerkship Externship Program, intern for Judge T.H. Wood; International Internship Program; Moot Court Competition; Outdoor Club.
- Managing Editor Environmental Law Digest. Publication: “The End of the Migratory Bird Rule. The Beginning of the End of the Aggregation Theory?” Environmental Law News. Fall 2001.
- B.A., Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
- Affiliate Member, Community Associations Institute (CAI), Washington & Oregon Chapters
- Member of Litigation and Construction Law Sections of Washington State Bar
- Associate Board Member for Friends of the Orphans
- Frequent volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Seattle Works, and One Brick
- Baseball player in PSSBL